27 July, 2017
CHEF COLAS POTATO, BROWN SUGAR & HONEY SOUP
CHEF COLAS POTATO BROWN SUGAR & HONEY SOUP
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 Large Carrots
- 4 Large White Potatoes
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- ½ Cup Brown sugar
- ¼ Cup Vegan honey
- Peel and slice the onion and crush the garlic. Add to a pot with the coconut oil and mixed dried herbs and sauté.
- Add carrots and potatoes (peeled and chopped) and sauté for a minute just to blend the flavours together.
- Pour in the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then cover the pot, turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until soft and cooked.
- Remove from the heat and blend with an immersion blender into a thick creamy soup. Then add the coconut milk and stir through.
- Gradually heat the soup to a simmer again so that the coconut milk flavours blend properly.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix in honey and sugar let simmer
- Serve with chopped chives and some delicious breads for dipping.
*If you're serving as a main course, this soup will serve 4, however as an appetizer, it will easily serve 6